Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Purple Socks



These socks were made using the Harebell lace pattern from Sensational Knitted Socks. The yarn is Trekking XXL. I love this colorway because of the way the yarn is stranded - each strand is a different color, and only one color changes at a time, so the color changes are more subtle.

I don't usually follow the pattern exactly. I know about how many stitches I need for a comfy sock, and I make the heel with about 50% of the stitches. I really like the eye of the partidge heel, and that is what I usually use. The pattern for this heel is also in SKS. I wore these socks to work on Monday. They kept my feet toasty warm :)

2 comments:

Hawkesley said...

Your socks are so pretty!

Rositta said...

Those are absolutely lovely socks and I also like the pink/red yarn. I'm trying desperately to get a pair finished by the weekend but keep getting sidetracked with blogging...ciao